Jugtown Forest Rules
Please enjoy Jugtown Forest in accordance with the following rules:
- All recreational motor vehicles are restricted to trail areas. ATV & Motorcycle traffic is permitted May 15 – December 15, Thursday – Sunday with the exception of 7 days/week access from October 15 – November 30, as well as these holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and, Labor Day. All others are prohibited. Prudent speed will be observed at all times. Gates will be open to street vehicles during the firearm deer hunting season, conditions permitting. Limited parking is available at trail heads. Vehicles are only allowed on marked trails, please stay off logging trails where we are establishing our next generation of forest.
- No motorized traffic permitted during established quiet time for walkers, May 15 – December 15, Monday – Wednesday. Note: Walkers are welcome anytime, during and beyond quiet hours.
- This is a working forest. Areas will be closed during logging operations. Please respect trail closures. Logging equipment always has the right-of-way.
- Animal trapping is forbidden.
- Motor vehicle traffic not permitted.
- All of Jugtown Forest is a drug and alcohol-free zone. Smoking is not permitted. Pets are welcome under the owner’s restraint.
- Please pack out all refuse and litter. Helping to pick up litter along the trail and roadsides is encouraged and greatly appreciated. Dumping of any sort will not be tolerated and violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- No firewood collecting is permitted in the Jugtown Forest. No fires shall be kindled for any reason. Overnight camping is prohibited.
- No objects are allowed to be permanently installed in trees. All portable tree stands require written permission in advance of use. Any cutting of vegetation is prohibited.
- All State of Maine laws apply when accessing the Jugtown Forest private land.
- Enjoy the wonders of nature here AT YOUR OWN RISK. Be courteous and respect the rights of others to enjoy the trails as well.