Every Board Counts Pledge
- I understand the industry-surpassing grade standards set by Hancock Lumber.
- I am responsible for quality control.
- I know the customer behind every board milled.
- I understand the unique needs for every customer and will ensure these needs are met.
- “Close” is not good enough.
- I will take care in packaging and handling the lumber to ensure it arrives to the customer in the same condition it leaves our mill.
- I am proud of every board we manufacture, stamp, and send to our customers.
- I will not pass a board, move a board, or take a board until it is right.
- I will continually look for manufacturing process improvement opportunities in our sawmills.
- I will stop the production process if I see something wrong, and I will fix it.
- I understand that every board stamped HANCOCK will carry with it a 175-year tradition of growing and milling the world’s finest Eastern White Pine.
- Our goal is to surpass industry standards for consistency in drying
- Eastern White Pine typically takes 7 days in the kiln to dry properly
- Kiln Drying Technicians carefully monitor the drying process in each kiln
- The lumber is ready only when the average moisture content and standard deviation* meets or exceeds Hancock’s drying standards no matter how long it takes in the kiln
*Standard deviation is a measure of the amount of variability in moisture content within a kiln load of lumber.
- 5 state-of-the-art moulder/planers
- Highly trained and skilled Pine Manufacturing Pros
- Rigorous quality control processes
Pine Board Branding
- Hancock Lumber offers a wide range of options for board end branding:
- NeLMA grade stamp
- HT stamp
- Board length
- Hancock brand logo
- Proprietary customized logo for your company
Eastern White Pine is our “Gold”
In order to protect this special product, every member of Team Hancock works hard to protect each and every board from damage.
Our goal is that when your product arrives, every board is in the same condition as the day it was made.