Hancock Lumber is America’s leading producer of Eastern White Pine lumber and the secret to our success starts right in our log yards. Top quality raw material is the key ingredient to Hancock Lumber’s local, national, and international reputation for premium pine products and we are actively purchasing White Pine logs from Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont.
SCALING DELIVERIES: For hours of operation, please call your buyer at the specific mill you will be delivering to. Call ahead for after hours unloading. Click here for contact names and phone numbers.
KEY POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
- Please target 16′ logs for 60% or more of the load
- Minimize the number of 10′ and 14′ logs on loads
- The Bethel and Pittsfield locations accept a limited number of 8′ logs. Ask your log buyer for details. If they are not select grade, they will be pallet grade.
- The Casco and Madison locations do not accept 8′ logs. Please contact your log buyer for special exceptions.
- Please keep pallet grade logs to a minimum
- Trim excessive butt flares
- Trim limbs flush
- Logs without enough trim will be scaled back to the next nominal length
- Please direct any questions or concerns to your Log Buyer
- Detailed scale slips will be sent by email