Big things are happening at Hancock Lumber this year! Take a look below at some of our capital reinvestment projects.
Out with the Old, In with the New…Casco Sawmill Office
Exciting updates are underway at the Casco mill, including major progress with the construction of our new office building. Main Eco Homes has completed the weathertight shell—featuring Mathews Brothers’ Sanford Hills windows—crews are working on the interior, and siding should be installed next. Hancock Pine will be a feature product showcased not only on the exterior siding, but also in many of the interior rooms with various patterns, grades, finishes, and textures being highlighted. Our anticipated completion date is mid- August—our teams are excited to move in to their modern, functional, new space that they helped provide feedback on throughout the entire design and construction process.
Yarmouth Renovation and Expansion Plans in 2022!
One of Team Hancock’s capital reinvestment projects slated for this year will be a major expansion and renovation at our Yarmouth facility. Included in the scope of work will be a redesigned layout of the hardware store and workspaces, including an expansion into the old Bank of America building. Our plans include converting part of that space into a Marvin window and door design gallery. Check out the architect’s rendering to get a feel for the new exterior and stay tuned for progress updates.
Team Hancock is going 100% ‘All-In’ at our Augusta location!
To better service our Capitol District area customers we have plans to significantly reinvest and improve the Augusta facility, scheduled in phases over the next two years. Parts of the renovations have been completed including a new road sign, updated office spaces, hardware store refresh and reset, with others to follow.
Augusta Location Reinvestments + Timeline:
• 2022—Q1: Interior store remodel, product reset, new office spaces + signage completed
• 2022—FEB + TBD: Re-deploying and adding vehicles to the fleet
• 2022—OCT/NOV: Reconfiguration of main warehouse building to include new racking, signage and enhanced ‘shopability’
• 2022—TBD: Renovated kitchen design and millwork showrooms
• 2023—TBD: Adding five new lumber trees to store product under cover for convenient pickup/loading, new pavement to cover yard
• ONGOING: Demolition of non-functional buildings
Additional Signature Projects In Progress or Planned For This Year:
• New paint and stain finishing facility in Casco at our Ryefield sawmill. We’re bringing the finishing process in-house to better serve our builder customers including priming, painting, and staining our Hancock pine boards.
• To accommodate our growing business, we plan to increase the size of the Bridgton millwork building. This will provide much needed additional storage to accommodate our increased millwork business and provide indoor heated space for windows, doors, cabinets and more prior to getting delivered to job sites.