Effective date – September 17, 2021
Children Under the Age of 13
What Information Do We collect About You?
We collect the following categories of information in order to provide products and services to you, to communicate with you, to enhance our products, services and operations, and for other operational, legal and compliance purposes:
• Identification information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, alias, address, phone number, email address, payment information, signatures or other identifiers. We may also collect online identifiers, such as your IP address, when you browse our websites or use our applications.
• Commercial information, such as products or services you purchased or considered purchasing.
• Audio, electronic or visual information, such as audio or video recording when you call us or when you come to our stores, but please note we may not be able to associate such recordings with you.
What Third Parties are collecting information?
In addition to our direct collection of your information, our third party service vendors (such as credit card companies, clearinghouses and banks) who may provide such services as credit, insurance, and escrow services, may collect this information from our Visitors and Authorized Customers. We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use personal information provided to them from Visitors and Authorized Customers. Some of these third parties may be intermediaries that act solely as links in the distribution chain, and do not store, retain, or use the information given to them.
How does the Website use Your Information?
We use Your information, including any personal information, to:
• Customize and improve the Website and the products and services we offer;
• market and sell products and services to you;
• fulfill buying and selling requests on the Website including contacting you about products or services you have purchased from us;
• email Visitors and Authorized Customers from time to time about research or sales opportunities on the Website or information related to the subject matter of the Website;
• Manage and develop our business and operations including administering accounts; and/or
• respond to specific inquiries made by Visitors and Authorized Customers, or to provide requested information.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized and/or pseudonymized information about you, along with any other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business including without limitation to improve our marketing and advertising to customers;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hancock Lumber’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hancock Lumber about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
• To other Authorized Customers who wish to evaluate potential transactions with other Authorized Customers;
• To improve security or otherwise prevent fraud;
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hancock Lumber, our customers, or others.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns, for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing the visitor’s communications and interactions with that website.
Are Cookies Used on the Website?
Cookies used by our service providers
How is Your Information stored?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Information collected by Hancock Lumber is securely stored and is not accessible to third parties or employees of Hancock Lumber except for use as indicated above. All of our employees are familiar with our security policy and practices. The personal information of our Visitors and Authorized Customers is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or social security numbers, is protected by encryption protocols, in place to protect information sent over the Internet. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure Website, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering, and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to Visitors or Authorized Customers for any such occurrences.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
What choices are available to Visitors regarding collection, use and distribution of the information?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may opt out of receiving unsolicited information from or being contacted by us and/or our vendors and affiliated agencies by responding to emails as instructed, or by contacting us at 207-627-4201. To provide products and services, we may continue to send transactional emails.
How can Visitors correct any inaccuracies in Your Information?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may contact us to update any Information about them or to correct any inaccuracies by contacting us at https://www.hancocklumber.com/ contact-us/
Can a Visitor delete or deactivate Information collected by the Website?
We provide Visitors and Authorized Customers with a mechanism to delete/deactivate Personally Identifiable Information from the Website’s database by contacting [INSERT]. However, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete a Visitor’s entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
These are summarized rights that you have under data protection law
• The right to access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to object to processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to complain to a supervisory authority
• The right to withdraw consent
Advertisements and Links:
statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
For privacy related questions, comments and requests, please contact Hancock Lumber at: