- What? A 4-part program training series on building + renovating an energy efficient, healthy home covering foundations, the building shell, heating + ventilation, and renovations.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.. FOUNDATIONS.
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. THE BUILDING SHELL.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.. HEATING + VENTILATION.
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. RENOVATIONS.
- Where? All sessions will be held at the Curtis Memorial Library
- Why? Each workshop session provides information on:
- Proven cost-effective and energy efficient building construction techniques
- The physical processes that require attention: how air, moisture, and heat move in and out of a home
- Practical strategies to effectively and economically address both energy efficiency and indoor air quality
- Case studies from actual projects (participants are encouraged to bring issues to the sessions)
- Specific references and resources, such as DOE’s Building America Solutions Center, EPA’s Energy Star Sites, building codes, and private publications
Continuing Education Credits and Level 1 MCBA Certification:
These programs are pre-approved for: AIA Members, Codes Officials, BPI certified professionals, Engineers, Realtors, and Registered Radon Professionals. Individuals who attend all four sessions are eligible for a Level 1 Building Certification offered through the Maine Contractors & Builders Alliance.
Cost: Thanks to funding support from local, regional, and national sponsors, these programs are being made available to area building professionals for just $99 per session for Council members, or $139 per session for nonmembers. Register for all 4 sessions and get a 15% discount AND a $25 coupon for the Northeast IAQ & Energy Conference on May 1-3 in Portland.
Go to www.maineindoorair.org or call 626-8115 to register. Download the complete flyer here.