Is Your Entry Door Inviting?
September 15, 2013 4:01 pm
Have you ever walked up to a home and been confused as to which door is the right door to use? Our lives and home layouts have changed so much since most of our entry doors were installed that often times this can be a point of confusion and almost seem uninviting or intimidating to guests. Lets look at the basics to see if we can find the best entry door solution for your home.
- How do you use your doors? For a lot of homeowners their front entry door is not the primary entrance into their home. Many use a side, mudroom or garage door. Some prefer to use a slider or back entry. That’s fine, but it might effect the best choice and where your put your focus when selecting your doors.
- Is your entry door functional? So many of us use our entry door so infrequently that when the time comes to open it up, it no longer functions properly. This is important to keep an eye on, as entry doors with ice dams over them can often be a source for leaks when the snowy season hits.
- Are you looking for a “wow” factor? If your entry door is the main door into your home, it is a great opportunity to make a wonderful first impression to your guests. We work with the very best manufacturers with many creative and truly stunning entry door solutions.
- Want your entry door to add some light to your home? Full glass solutions are available in a number of decorative designs to help your entry door not only make a statement, but also serve as an additional way to get beautiful natural light and warmth from the sun into your home.
- Looking for low-maintenance entry door solutions? Your windows, roofing and siding manufacturers have all given you fabulous low-maintenance solutions, why not search for the same solutions in your entry door? With the ability to combine a number of exterior solutions with the beauty of wood to match your interiors, we have the perfect combination for every home. Come see a sampling of your selection on display in the showroom today.
Set up your FREE in-home estimate with our Window & Door Specialists today!
Categorised in: Home Again by Hancock Lumber
This post was written by Kourtney McLean