While this year’s Pumpkin Festival has taken on a different look and feel, Hancock Lumber continues to be a proud sponsor of one of Camp Sunshine’s major fundraising events. Adapting to the pandemic times, the annual Pumpkin Festival will take place over the course of a couple weeks in October with a number of ways for families to participate!
- The Great Pumpkin Run/Walk. Sunday, October 18th – Sunday, October 25th. Participate wherever yourareinthe 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, or combined challenge events. A virtual run/walk/roll event will allow Camp Sunshine supporters to complete the challenge on their own. You will run, walk or roll your registered race distance at your own pace and at a time and location of your choosing. You can complete your distance anywhere you prefer, whether it’s in a park, throughout your neighborhood, or even on a treadmill. The location is 100% your choice. Each participant will receive a printable bib and fall themed medal! Sign up, or donate online!
- Pumpkin Pick-Up. Wednesday, October 21st and Thursday, October 22nd. Camp Sunshine is giving away 1,000 free pumpkins! 500 pumpkins will be given away at each location on a first-come, first-served basis. Limit one pumpkin per person, while supplies last. Must be present at pick-up location to receive free pumpkin. Make sure to share photos of your decorated pumpkin with us for Camp Sunshine Pumpkin Carving Day on Saturday, October 24, 2020! Use the hashtag #CarveforCamp on Instagram! Pick-up locations & dates (these will be contactless, “drive-thru” style events):
- Pumpkin Pick-Up Day 1: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm at Camp Sunshine | 35 Acadia Rd, Casco, ME 04015.
- Pumpkin Pick-Up Day 2: Thursday, October 22, 2020 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm at L.L. Bean’s Flagship Campus | 95 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032
- Camp Sunshine Virtual Pumpkin Carving Day. Saturday, October 24th. Since Camp Sunshine can’t light upmore than 5,000 jack-o-lanterns this fall in Freeport, Maine they are encouraging all families, friends, volunteers, donors and supporters to carve or paint pumpkins at home on Saturday, October 24, 2020 and share your images on social media! You can email pictures of your decorated pumpkins to email@example.com (please only email 1-2 photos at a time). Or use the Instagram hashtag #CarveforCamp and your photos will be uploaded below.
- The Giant Pumpkin Hunt: Thursday, October 29th – Halloween, Saturday, October 31st. The alternative to trick or treating! Dress up the ghouls and goblins and head out for a fun day or evening of giant pumpkin hunting. Camp Sunshine will be placing more than a dozen massive two-story tall inflatable jack-o-lanterns around the Greater Portland Area. Come find them! Locations will be available from 12pm to 8pm. All locations will be weather dependent. Instructions on how to record the locations on your pumpkin passport. The first 500 participants that visit 6 or more pumpkins will receive a free $10 L.L. Bean gift card and a free kids meal from Texas Roadhouse (one per mailing address). Download the location map and pumpkin passport online!
Learn more and sign-up online for any of these events: www.CampSunshinePumpkinFestivals.org