Looking to join a best place to work? Learn more about Hancock Lumber, its current job openings, and how you can build a career at the sixth generation, family-owned company. With competitive pay, an outstanding work environment, excellent benefits including medical, dental, a 401(k) plan, life insurance, college savings program, employee discounts, and more it’s been named a named a Best Places to Work in Maine for five years running (2014 – 2018). This award is based on employee feedback and the work culture the team has created together.
Where do you fit into this picture?
The answer is entirely up to you. The opportunities are limitless for individuals who work hard, have a positive attitude and enjoy being part of a collaborative team environment. Hancock Lumber’s business philosophy is based upon attracting and recruiting talented, energetic people and putting them in a position where they can help run our company. Hancock Lumber is looking for leaders, not employees. We manage a very open and decentralized company where every member of our team is involved in the decision-making process and asked to be a leader.
“Our culture has taken on a life of its own; it’s something that can’t be duplicated. It’s the sum of our 550 people and what we’ve created together. Our results are the best ever because of the people who work here and how they lead every day.”
–Kevin Hancock, President + CEO
- Access to insurance options including: health, dental, life, short term disability and additional voluntary benefits such as additional life, accidental or critical illness insurance for themselves and/or family members.
- 401(k) plan with a company discretionary match and access to investment advisors at no cost
- Paid time off for vacation, choice time, holidays, child birth and bereavement
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- Employee discount on building materials
- Choose Health wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- College America savings plan
- MetLaw – Legal Counsel
- Direct deposit weekly for payroll into one or multiple savings/checking accounts
Watch this short video to hear directly from our team on what it means to work at Hancock Lumber
“An organization’s true value is not defined by revenue growth or profitability. Those are important metrics for our business, but they are outcomes of a higher purpose. The real mission is to enhance the lives of the people who work here.”
–Kevin Hancock, President + CEO
Established in 1848, Hancock Lumber Company is a 6th generation, family-owned business operating a timberland company, a sawmill division and a network of retail lumberyards, home design showrooms, and a truss manufacturing facility. Led by their 550 employees, Hancock has five times been selected as a ‘Best Place to Work in Maine and was recognized as the 2017 national ProSales ‘Dealer of the Year’. Four of their locations have received OSHA’s highest safety certification, earning SHARP certifications at their Casco, Bethel, Pittsfield sawmills and Bridgton lumberyard. Deeply embedded in Hancock’s culture is stewardship, and we firmly believe in giving back and leaving things in better shape than when we assumed responsibility for them.