On Tuesday, March 27th, Hancock Lumber’s Yarmouth location hosted an American Red Cross Blood Drive. Lead by CounterPro Sarah Dube with the support of General Manager, Harland Storey, the entire Yarmouth Team stepped up both by recruiting donors and serving as donors themselves.
With short notice serving as a fill in location for the Red Cross, Team Hancock set a goal of 20 units, and proudly exceeded that goal, donating 22 units at the blood drive event. Sarah communicated to the team once the event was completed, “I’m so proud to work for a company that supports this wonderful cause. Between employees, some of the best builder contractors and a great community we made this blood drive a HUGE success!!! Whether you donated blood or signed people in you made a big difference. Thank you!”
The Red Cross was founded on the simple idea of neighbors helping neighbors in time of need. The Red Cross brings more than 50 years of blood collection and transfusion experience, deep community connections and a network of nationwide resources.
Here are just a few ways the Red Cross is committed to communities across America:
- Blood Services: collect more than 6 million donations annually
- Disaster Relief: respond to more than 70,000 disasters annually
- Health and Safety: train more than 11 million individuals nationwide each year in life-saving skills such as CPR, first aid, and water safety
- Community Services: support communities with transportation, food, babysitting, referral and other services for the homeless and the elderly
- Armed Forces Emergency: help reconnect families separated by armed conflict and deliver messages to family members serving in the Armed Services
Community is one of Hancock Lumber’s core values and one of the driving forces behind the Maine-based, 170-year old company’s success. Employee led initiatives are the heart of what we do and we truly appreciate the support from our team members, customers, and vendors. Thank you, Sarah Dube, for coordinating this special event at our Yarmouth location!