Take advantage of Hancock Lumber’s offer this month on an exciting building material with many features and benefits. ROXUL insulation is a unique rock-based mineral fiber insulation comprised of Basalt rock and recycled Slag. Basalt is a volcanic rock (abundant in the earth), and slag is a by-product of the steel and copper industry. Learn more below on why you should choose ROXUL for your next insulation project and save 10% off 4 bundles or more purchased from 2/1 – 2/28*.
Why ROXUL Volcanic Rock Insulation?
- ComfortBatt does not produce smoke or toxic gases in the event of a fire, as most other insulation materials will.
- Excellent Passive Fire Protection – ComfortBatt can add up to an additional 15 minutes of fire protection to wall assemblies.
- When insulation material such as fiberglass gets wet, it can absorb moisture, reducing R-value and presenting the risk of slumping and sagging within the wall cavity. ComfortBatt DOES NOT ABSORB WATER and has a low water absorption rate. It will maintain its shape within the wall cavity ensuring maximum R-value is maintained.
- ComfortBatt is resistant to water, rot, mold, mildew and bacterial growth.
- Roxul’s higher density batts reduce airflow within the wall cavity, reducing convective losses. This translates into a better performing and more comfortable thermal wall.
- Roxul cuts quickly and accurately with a serrated knife, so you can easily acheive optimal fit around pipes, electrical boxes, wiring and ductwork.
- When Roxul insulation is specified, green building developers can earn a variety of LEED® points across 4 key categories.
*Discount valid 2/1 – 2/28/15. Applies to all Hancock Lumber in-stock ROXUL skus. Minimum purchase of 4 bundles on the same invoice necessary to qualify for the discount. See store for details.