MATHEWS BROTHERS SINCE 1854
May 24, 2013 8:20 pm
Hancock’s long-standing partner and Maine-based Window & Door Manufacturer
Hancock Lumber Since 1848/Mathews Brothers Since 1854. Standing behind the Hancock Classics products are two Maine-based companies dating back to the 19th century. Imagine that, companies who have forged ahead through 150+ years of technology and innovation, recessions and depressions, generations of family ownership–and are still standing strong today with flourishing businesses. In fact, Mathews Brothers is America’s oldest window company. Hancock Lumber is proud to be connected to another longstanding, Maine company whose values and ethics mirror its own.
- Hancock Classics New Construction and Replacement Vinyl Windows & Patio Doors. Look to our own Hancock Classics premium vinyl windows and doors for one of the best values you can find–windows and doors that will last a lifetime.
- Highest quality vinyl for a lifetime of trouble-free performance.
- Full 3 1/4” jamb depth chambered frame for maximum structural integrity.
- Fusion-welded frames and sashes for extra strength and durability.
- 3/4” insulated glass for superior thermal performance.
- 1/2” Flat Coil Spring Balances (constant force for easy operations).
- Lock in pivot pins.
- Full range of geometric shapes and transoms provide a wide range of architectural choices.
- Available in colonial, prairie and custom grid patterns with flat or contour shaped muntin bars.
- Available in 17 pre-finished exterior paint colors
- Hancock Classics are backed by one of the industry’s strongest warranties, our exclusive Classics Plus™ Warranty.
- Noah Merrill New Construction and Replacement Engineered Composite Windows
- Made from a patented engineered material called MikronWood®, the windows combine the strength of thermal plastic resins to create a super tough, solid-core material. It’s impervious to moisture and insects!
- The Noah Merrill window series use a superior warm-edge
insulating glass sealant system known as Envirosealed Windows™ for improved energy efficiency and resistance to condensation, and lower heating and cooling costs.
- Clara Starrett High Performance New Construction and Replacement Windows
- Designated as one of the ENERGY STAR® most efficient qualified products in 2013.
- EnergyCore® frame is tri-extruded with AirCell™ insulated core.
- Fusion-welded frame and sash for increased strength and durability.
- Duralite warm-edge spacers provide exceptional resistance to moisture vapor transmission and condensation resistance.
Contains no metal.
- Dual weatherstripping provides an effective barrier against air infiltration.
- Frame material is 100% recyclable.
- O.E. Frost Wood Window Collection
- Colonial Collection: True divided lite, putty glazed windows in traditional wood sash. Or choose insulating
glass in a paint-ready composite sash. Available in picture, transom, and double-hung window styles, for new
construction or restoration projects.
- Architectural Collection: Solid wood windows and doors, from a wide variety of wood species. Available
as hung, slider, awning, casement (inswing or outswing) and picture units. Chose from several hardware and
casing options to create the custom look you want.
- Historic Collection: Historical, classic, or totally custom, these wood windows are something to behold.
Whether you want restoration glass or insulated glass; weight and chain or spiral balance; eastern white pine
or mahogany; we can build it to your specifications. Perfect for historic restoration projects.
- Did you know that Mathews Brothers is one of the last of the window companies in the U.S. that still produces
putty glazed true divided lite windows?
Tags: Maine companies
, manufacturing in maine
, Mathews Brothers
, Windows and Doors
Categorised in: Builder Buzz, Hancock Lumberyards, Windows & Doors
This post was written by Erin Plummer